Monday, May 25, 2009

3-day Weekend

I cannot believe it is almost June!! June is a very bittersweet month for me. I love it because it is my birthday month. But I do not love it because I have so many other birthdays (and other parties) I have to buy gifts for and it gets very expensive. But it's OK because I enjoy shopping and giving people gifts! Here is my list:
May 24th- Tabitha's Baby Shower (Not exactly June, I know, but close enough)
June 2nd- Adrienne's Birthday
June 11th- Dad's Birthday
June 14th- Jenna P.'s Birthday
June 19th- Jenn M.'s Birthday
June 20th- My Birthday
June 20th- Jay's Cousins Wedding
June 27th- Jenna M. and Cortni's Engagement Party
June 30th- Dominic's 1st Birthday

May was a very boring but normal month. It was a great 3-day weekend, regardless of the crappy weather! We are house sitting this week for Greg and Jenn again. They'll be gone from Saturday to Sunday (9 days). It's kind of nice to get away from the housework that usually surrounds me. But I miss my bed!!! Anyway...

Saturday Jay and I went with Adrienne, Bailey, Wayne, Jenna, Mike, Meg and Dominic to the Children's Museum. We were going to go over to the fountains afterwards but it was dreary and overcast so we went home. Mike, Meg and Dominic came over to the house and we hung out for a few hours. In the evening Jay and I went to a block party at Adrienne's boyfriend, Justin's, parents house. It was a lot of fun. The had a fish fry with a ton of other food. We all sat in the driveway around a fire pit with cocktails and talked. It was very relaxing and the weather was very nice.

Sunday I went to church as usual and then to lunch at Chili's (Yum!!) with Mom, Dad, Bailey, Jay, Mike, Meg and Dominic. We had a baby shower to go to in the afternoon which was nice even with the small turnout. Last night Jay and I stayed in and ate fried chicken and mac-n-cheese. Then made some cocktails and spent an hour in the hot tub. It was so relaxing!!!

Today we spent a few hours at the fountain park/intercostal beach, which I've mentioned before. We really love that place! It is so much fun for the kids. Jen and the kids came down to spend the day with us, as well as Mom, Adrienne and Justin and the kids, and Mike, Meg and Dominic. Dominic really enjoys being in the water and it is so enjoyable to watch him. The big kids love it too! I love getting some sun! :)

So, now it is back to work for the next four days. I am very excited for our June birthday celebration on the 7th and our trip to N.C. on my birthday. (We are going for Jay's cousins wedding, not for my birthday, but it will be nice to get away nonetheless.) And I cannot wait for Dominic's 1st Birthday Party! It's going to be at the fountain park, go figure! LOL

Till next time... God Bless,

DLJ

No comments: